Upcoming Chicago-area Events:
- Authors Out Loud: Talk on food swapping, Cook Park Library, Libertyville, IL: January 19 at 7 pm. Free to attend. Books will be for sale onsite.
- Winter Preserving Class, Community Cooking School: January 22 at 11 am. $55 to register.
- Chicago Food Swap, Community Cooking School: January 22 at 2 pm. $5 to register.
- Speaking of Green: Introduction to Preserving and Food Swapping, Oak Park Temple: February 10:30 am to 12 pm. Free and open to the community. Books will be for sale onsite.
- Winter Preserving Class, Community Cooking School: March 12 at 11 am. $55 to register.
- Chicago Food Swap, Community Cooking School: March 12 at 2 pm. $5 to register.
Upcoming Events in Other Cities
- IACP Annual Conference, Louisville, KY: March 3-5. Panel presentation on hosting events.
I am available for private and semi-private canning lessons in the comfort of your own kitchen. I will bring my equipment with me, so that you do not need to invest in any expensive gadgets. Lessons typically take two hours and at the end you will have a detailed recipe and several delicious jars to eat or share. I am happy to do family lessons as well.
My rates begin at $250 for a private lesson for up to four people total, plus the cost of supplies. (You can provide your own supplies, which include jars, and ingredients, or I can purchase them for you.) I will charge a slightly higher rate if you are far from the Oak Park-River Forest area and I have to drive more than 30 minutes to reach you.
I am also available for canning demonstrations, which are less hands-on than a lesson but still informative, for larger groups. I have done canning demonstrations at Whole Foods, area farmers’ markets and local libraries.
If you are interested in scheduling a lesson or have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!