Upcoming Chicago-area Events:
- WGN Midday: June 1 at 11:50 am. TV Appearance.
- Printers Row Lit Fest: June 11 at 10:30 am. Panel discussion. June 12 at 3:30-4 pm. Cooking demonstration.
- Sugar Beet Food Co-op: June 18 at 1 pm. Book signing, samples and demonstration.
- Bloomingdale Garden Club: June 21 at 6:15 pm. I will be talking about ways to preserve the harvest and signing books. Visitors welcome!
- Bookends and Beginnings: July 17 at 2 pm. Food Swap and book signing.
- The Chopping Block: July 19 at 6 pm. Demonstration and book signing.
- Morton Arboretum: August 27 at 9:30 am. Introduction to Jam demonstration class. Limit 20 people. $25 for members; $34 for non-members.
- Morton Arboretum: August 30 at 6:30 pm. Introduction to Pickling demonstration class. Limit 20 people. $25 for members; $34 for non-members.
- Darien Garden Club: September 6 at 7 pm. I will be talking about ways to preserve the harvest and signing books. One book will be given away as a door prize. Visitors welcome!
- 2112 Creative Incubator: September 8 at 6 pm. “An Evening with Women Who Write,” a book signing and panel discussion with me and several other local female authors.
- Brookfield Library: September 12 at 7 pm. I will be talking about ways to preserve the harvest and signing books. Samples included and one book will be given away as a raffle prize!
- Chicago Food Swap: September 18 at 2 pm.
- Lake Zurich Library: September 28 at 7 pm. I will be talking about food swapping and signing books.
- Bensenville Community Library: November 1 at 7 pm. Holiday canning demonstration and book signing.
- Wauconda Library: November 9 at 7 pm. Demonstration on edible gift ideas and book signing.
Upcoming Book Events in Other Cities
- Pike Central Farm Market, North Bethesda, MD: June 4 9 am-1:30 pm. Book signing and sampling.
- Williams-Sonoma Bethesda Row, Bethesda, MD: June 4 2-6 pm. Book signing and sampling.
- Bethesda Central Farm Market, Bethesda, MD: June 5 9-10: 30 am. Book signing and sampling.
- Taste of Sidwell, Washington DC: June 5 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Book signing and sampling.
- Union Market, Washington DC: June 5 2-3:30 pm. Book signing and sampling.
- Bookmarkit, Orlando, FL: June 25 at 10 am. Mini food swap and book signing.
- American Library Association Annual Conference, Orlando, FL: June 26. Cooking demonstration.
- SF Swappers, San Francisco, CA: July 24. Food swap and book signing.
- Ferry Building Marketplace, San Francisco, CA: July 26 PM
- Sacramento Public Library, Sacramento, CA: July 30 at 2 pm.
- COOK, Philadelphia, PA: August 6 at 2 pm. Cooking class on edible gifts.
- Brooklyn Brainery, Brooklyn, NY: August 9 at 6:30 pm. Talk and demo.
- Mid-Manhattan Library, New York: August 10 at 6:30 pm.
- The Book Larder, Seattle, WA: August 18.
- Portland Homestead Supply, Portland, OR: August 21 at 11:30 am
- The Novel Neighbor, St. Louis, MO: October 1 at 1 pm
I am available for private and semi-private canning lessons in the comfort of your own kitchen. I will bring my equipment with me, so that you do not need to invest in any expensive gadgets. Lessons typically take two hours and at the end you will have a detailed recipe and several delicious jars to eat or share. I am happy to do family lessons as well.
My rates begin at $250 for a private lesson for up to four people total, plus the cost of supplies. (You can provide your own supplies, which include jars, and ingredients, or I can purchase them for you.) I will charge a slightly higher rate if you are far from the Oak Park-River Forest area and I have to drive more than 30 minutes to reach you.
I am also available for canning demonstrations, which are less hands-on than a lesson but still informative, for larger groups. I have done canning demonstrations at Whole Foods, area farmers’ markets and local libraries.
If you are interested in scheduling a lesson or have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!