Upcoming Chicago-area Events:
- May 21 at 2 pm: Chicago Food Swap at the Community Cooking School.
- June 17 from 9-11 am: Park Ridge Farmers Market. I will be doing a canning demonstration and selling and signing books.
- August 15 at 7 pm: Northbrook Library. Talk on Five Ways to Preserve the Harvest.
- August 26 at 9 am: Morton Arboretum. Preserving class. Details TBA.
Events for The Joys of Jewish Preserving:
- June 9 at 6:30 pm: Book launch party at Read It and Eat! Snack and drinks will be served. More details to follow.
- June 20 at 7 pm: 92nd St. Y in New York City. In conversation with Leah Koenig. Tickets from $29.
- June 21: Brooklyn Brainery, Brooklyn, NY. Preserving class. Details TBA.
- June 22: COOK, Philadelphia, PA. Happy hour and class. Details TBA.
- June 24 at 1 pm: Politics & Prose, Washington DC. Author talk and book signing.
- July 10: Book Larder, Seattle, WA. Demonstration and book signing. Details TBA.
- July 12: Omnivore Books, San Francisco, CA. Details TBA.
Upcoming Events in Other Cities
- IACP Annual Conference, Louisville, KY: March 3-5. Panel presentation on hosting events.
I am available for private and semi-private canning lessons in the comfort of your own kitchen. I will bring my equipment with me, so that you do not need to invest in any expensive gadgets. Lessons typically take two hours and at the end you will have a detailed recipe and several delicious jars to eat or share. I am happy to do family lessons as well.
My rates begin at $250 for a private lesson for up to four people total, plus the cost of supplies. (You can provide your own supplies, which include jars, and ingredients, or I can purchase them for you.) I will charge a slightly higher rate if you are far from the Oak Park-River Forest area and I have to drive more than 30 minutes to reach you.
I am also available for canning demonstrations, which are less hands-on than a lesson but still informative, for larger groups. I have done canning demonstrations at Whole Foods, area farmers’ markets and local libraries.
If you are interested in scheduling a lesson or have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!